The TUFLOW 2015 Release is Near!
The TUFLOW “Classic” 2015 Release is now in the final weeks of testing and documentation. A range of new features are available including:
- Time varying map outputs in waterRIDE .wrr and .wrc, NetCDF (.nc) and TUFLOW mesh and grid formats (.tmo/.tgo) used by 12D. XMDF files now support compression reducing file sizes by 80%.
- GPU solver enhancements including virtual pipes feature, support for all SA inflow options.
- Reduced RAM usage for both Classic’s implicit CPU solver and especially for the GPU explicit solver.
- Time-varying rainfall grid and TIN functionality.
- Reporting Locations that output water levels and combined 1D and 2D flows across a line, including multiple 2D domains.
- Total, below and above deck structure flow and head drop reporting for single and combined 1D and 2D structures, including layered flow constrictions.
- Combined 1D and 2D time-series outputs viewable via the new QGIS plugin and other plotting software.
- Powerful new QGIS plugin for viewing 1D/2D time-series outputs from multiple simulations.
- TUFLOW AD now recognises all map output formats.
- Over 50 new minor features and enhancements as requested by users.
- Updated manual supported with links to numerous new TUFLOW Wiki pages.
We’ll keep users informed via the TUFLOW Forum closer to the release date, so please watch this space!
TUFLOW FLIKE – Official Release
TUFLOW Flike will officially be released at the Hydrology and Water Resources Symposium 2016 in Hobart. The launch will coincide with the release of the Australian Rainfall and Runoff update and allow practitioners to use the most update to date methods. TUFLOW Flike has many features that will enhance flood frequency estimates and make the best use of the diverse set of flood data available. These features include; the use of a Bayesian framework to fit distributions; the ability to incorporate historic flood data; the safe censoring of potentially influential low floods; and the ability to use regional flood information.